In keeping with the Maryland Tech Council mission to support our members in their efforts to save lives, secure our nation, and improve the quality of life through innovation, the Prince George’s County Tech Council is dedicated to the following:
To unite and empower stakeholders within the Prince George’s technology and science communities for the purposes of advocacy, outreach and growth.
To position Prince George’s County as a recognized technology and scientific leader within the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
The “Tech Ten” Objectives:
The PGCTC serves the Prince George’s County technology and science businesses, partners, educational institutions, residents, and public sector stakeholders and delivers opportunities to:
- Connect with regional peers for the intentional purpose of collaboration and promotion of technology and science initiatives
- Advocate for the collective interests of all stakeholders by leveraging knowledge and relationships to influence public policy and government-funded initiatives, creating an environment which cultivates the startup ecosystem, promotes the career pipeline, retains existing technology and science resources, attracts new technology and science talent and investments to the county, and incentivizes organizations to utilize local technology and science resources
- Foster partnerships between local technology and science companies on county-based procurement opportunities
- Convene technology and science entrepreneurs, technology and science company executives, investment, and technology and science clusters to networking environments to promote the Prince George’s County technology and science ecosystem
- Educate and stay abreast of regional, national and international technology and science trends
- Explore interceptive strategies through the effective application of technology and science for addressing the societal, economic, and education of Prince George’s County
- Provide technical and scientific information and resources to the greater Prince George’s business community and create learning opportunities for county residents to encourage interest and create career opportunities in STEM-related fields
- Develop local technology and science talent for access to greater economic opportunities
- Serve as a trusted marketing and communications hub for the promotion of PGCTC member news, events, procurement opportunities, and activities
- Amplify the ongoing progress and success of Prince George’s County strategic technology and science objectives and initiatives
About The Maryland Tech Council
MTC is the largest technology and life sciences trade association in the state of Maryland, and we provide value by giving members a forum to learn, share, and connect. Members join an unparalleled network of innovative companies and industry thought leaders with access to opportunities for visibility, professional development and growth.
JOIN today and move Prince George’s County forward – together.
Husein Sharaf, President and Chief Technology Officer, Cloudforce
Vennard Wright, President, Wave Welcome
David Iannucci, President and Chief Executive Officer, Prince George’s County Economic Development
Troy A. LeMaile-Stovall, Chief Executive Officer, TEDCO
Darryl Barnes, Maryland House of Delegates, District 25, Prince George’s County
Dianne O’Neill, Senior Vice President, Capitol Technology University
Melissa Peterson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Sky Innovative Solutions
Rhonda Spells, Vice President, Enterprise Technology and Chief Information Officer, Prince George’s Community College
Sylvia Johnson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Johnsons Immediate Solutions, LLC
Stacey Chisholm, Chief IT Governance Officer, WSSC Water
Venkat Subramanian, Owner, Angarai International, Inc.
Wanda Gibson, Chief Innovation Officer, Prince George’s County Information Technology
Eben Smith, President, Three|E Consulting Group, LLC
C. Gale Bassette, Special Assistant to the Provost for Federal Contracts Administration, Bowie State University
Piotr Kulczakowicz, Director, Quantum Startup Foundry at University of Maryland
Regional Chapter Sponsors