Welcome to the Prince George’s County Regional Chapter, a chapter of the Maryland Tech Council (MTC), where we bring the resources and benefits of MTC to the Prince George’s County and surrounding areas. As a member, you will have access to a variety of networking, educational, and advocacy opportunities, as well as support for technology and life sciences organizations, all designed to enhance the growth and success of these industries in the Prince George’s County region. With PGCRC, you can connect with other industry professionals, gain valuable knowledge and insights, and advance your career. We are committed to fostering a community of the brightest minds in tech and life sciences, and supporting our members in achieving their goals.
In keeping with the Maryland Tech Council mission to support our members in their efforts to save lives, secure our nation, and improve the quality of life through innovation, the Prince George’s County Tech Council is dedicated to the following:
To unite and empower stakeholders within the Prince George’s technology and science communities for the purposes of advocacy, outreach and growth.
To position Prince George’s County as a recognized technology and scientific leader within the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
The “Tech Ten” Objectives:
The PGCRC serves the Prince George’s County technology and science businesses, partners, educational institutions, residents, and public sector stakeholders and delivers opportunities to:
- Connect with regional peers for the intentional purpose of collaboration and promotion of technology and science initiatives
- Advocate for the collective interests of all stakeholders by leveraging knowledge and relationships to influence public policy and government-funded initiatives, creating an environment which cultivates the startup ecosystem, promotes the career pipeline, retains existing technology and science resources, attracts new technology and science talent and investments to the county, and incentivizes organizations to utilize local technology and science resources
- Foster partnerships between local technology and science companies on county-based procurement opportunities
- Convene technology and science entrepreneurs, technology and science company executives, investment, and technology and science clusters to networking environments to promote the Prince George’s County technology and science ecosystem
- Educate and stay abreast of regional, national and international technology and science trends
- Explore interceptive strategies through the effective application of technology and science for addressing the societal, economic, and education of Prince George’s County
- Provide technical and scientific information and resources to the greater Prince George’s business community and create learning opportunities for county residents to encourage interest and create career opportunities in STEM-related fields
- Develop local technology and science talent for access to greater economic opportunities
- Serve as a trusted marketing and communications hub for the promotion of PGCRC member news, events, procurement opportunities, and activities
- Amplify the ongoing progress and success of Prince George’s County strategic technology and science objectives and initiatives
About The Maryland Tech Council
MTC is the largest technology and life sciences trade association in the state of Maryland, and we provide value by giving members a forum to learn, share, and connect. Members join an unparalleled network of innovative companies and industry thought leaders with access to opportunities for visibility, professional development and growth.
JOIN today and move Prince George’s County forward – together.
David Iannucci, President and Chief Executive Officer, PGEDC
Mayank Kapur, Director, PGEDC
Troy A. LeMaile-Stovall, Chief Executive Officer, TEDCO
Melissa Peterson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Sky Innovative Solutions
C. Gale Bassette, Special Assistant to the Provost for Federal Contracts Administration, Bowie State University
Piotr Kulczakowicz, Director, Quantum Startup Foundry at University of Maryland