The Maryland Tech Council (MTC) announced today newly appointed members to its Board of Directors. This comes on the heels of the organization announcing its expansion to offices in Frederick as well as within the new, state-of-the-art life sciences building at the Universities at Shady Grove.
“I couldn’t be more pleased with the caliber of our newest board members,” said Maryland Tech Council Board Chairman Todd Marks. “I believe 2020 will be transformational for the Maryland Tech Council, as well as for the life sciences and technology industries in our region. We need the best minds on the board to support our significant efforts to build our region’s workforce, advocate during what we feel is going to be a challenging legislative season, and amplify the impact we are making for our members and the region.”
The newly appointed MTC board members include:
- Sara Garon Berl, Vice President, Law and Policy, REGENXBIO, Inc.
- Kevin Broadhurst, Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs, Comcast
- Mitchell Chan, Chief Financial Officer, Viela Bio, Inc.
- Kolaleh Eskandanian, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Children’s National Hospital
- Joyce Fuhrmann, Director, BSE Operations and STEMM Initiatives, The Universities at Shady Grove
- Julie Garner, Head of Government Affairs, AstraZeneca
- Robert Head, Vice President, State, Local and PAC Affairs, Lockheed Martin Government Affairs
- Deron Johnson, Director, State Government Affairs, Amgen
- Paul Madrazo, Director, State Government Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline
- Kelly Martin, Vice President, Business Strategies, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- George Nemphos, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Nemphos Braue LLC
- Chris McDonald, Vice President, Manufacturing, Kite Pharma, a Gilead Company
- Sandeep Saggar, President and CEO, Saggar & Rosenberg, PC
- Bret Schreiber, Vice President of Life Science, Technology at Fulton Bank
- David Tohn, Chief Executive Officer, BTS Software Solutions, Inc.
The full Executive Committee, Officer and Board of Directors list can be found at https://mdtechcouncil.com/about/board/.
About Maryland Tech Council
The Maryland Tech Council (MTC) is a collaborative community that is actively engaged in building strong technology and life science industries by supporting the efforts of our individual members. We are the largest technology and life sciences trade association in the state of Maryland, and we provide value by giving members a forum to learn, share, and connect. MTC brings the region’s community together into a single, united organization that empowers our members to achieve their business goals through advocacy, networking and education. The vision for the Maryland Tech Council is to propel Maryland to become the number one innovation economy for life sciences and technology in the country. For more information: mdtechcouncil.com.