Maryland Life Sciences Announces First Slate of Speakers for 2022 Bio Innovation Conference
Maryland Life Sciences, a division of the Maryland Tech Council, is pleased to announce the first slate of speakers for its 2022 Bio Innovation Conference. The Bio Innovation Conference will be held Monday, October 3rd and Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 at the Bethesda Country Club in Bethesda, Maryland.
As keynote speaker, Dr. Tara Schwetz, Acting Principal Deputy Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will discuss innovation at NIH; establishing the Advanced Research Project Agency for Health (ARPA-H), the Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics initiative and the Cancer Moonshot 2.0.
Additional moderators and panelists include:
- Silvia Taylor, Senior Vice President, Global Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations, Novavax
- John Trizzino, Executive Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Business Officer, Novavax
- Dr. Geoffrey Lynn, Senior Vice President, Synthetic Immunotherapies
- William Rees, Vice President, Translational Sciences, Horizon
- Sally Allain, Regional Head, JLABS @ Washington, DC and Interim Head, JLABS North East – Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Matt Schwee, Associate and Lila Inman, Associate, Cooley
- Peter Reczek, Executive Director, Standards Coordinating Body
- Scott Lloyd, Principal, Offit Kurman
- Lili Portilla, Director of Office Strategic Alliances, NIH NCATS OTT
- Tim Clay, Vice President, Head of Discovery Performance Unit Vaccines US, GSK
- Lesley Eschinger, Director of Market Development, MaxCyte
- Dr. Cartier Esham, Chief Scientific Officer, Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Kevin Gordon, Chief Digital Officer, OriBiotech
- Jeffrey Hung, Ph.D., Subject Matter Expert, Cell and Gene Therapy
- Nina Hunter, Vice President of Regulatory and Science Policy, REGENXBIO
- Chris Jewell, Minta Martin Professor of Engineering (Endowed), University of Maryland
- Anne Khademian, Executive Director, The Universities at Shady Grove
- Craig Malzahn, Senior Vice President, Technical Operations, REGENXBIO
- Dr. Milos Miljkovic, Chief Medical Officer, Cartesian Therapeutics
- Cenk Sumen, Chief Scientific Officer, MaxCyte
- Colin Werth, Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- Eric Wu-Nagy, Senior Automation Engineer, Takeda
- Bruce Yu, Professor, UMD, Professor and Director of the Bio- and Nano-Technology Center
The Bio Innovation Conference is the region’s premiere forum for professionals from industry, academia, and government to exchange ideas, make new professional connections, and explore trends in this booming industry. To register, visit www.marylandlifesciences.com/conference.
“Our speakers are at the center some of the most important life science and public health innovations happening today,” said Marty Rosendale, CEO of the Maryland Tech Council. “Bio Innovation Conference attendees will benefit from a broad spectrum of insights from leaders in the public sector, private sector, and academia.”
“We are excited for all of our Bio Innovation Conference speakers and look forward to their insights into the present and future of life sciences innovation in our region,” said Brad Stewart, Chair of Maryland Life Sciences.