TECHNOLOGY INCLUSIVITY INITIATIVE (TI2)
Under the direction of Tech Board Chairman David Tohn, CEO of BTS Software Solutions, the Maryland Tech Council has launched its Technology Inclusion Initiative (TI2) to advance inclusivity within the State’s technology industry and fuel socioeconomic advancement throughout Maryland.
TI2 is a statewide initiative that will capitalize on the strength of MTC as a statewide organization with almost 500 members and countless local and national partners in the technology industry to:
- Identify, facilitate, equity and enable solutions that advance diversity and inclusivity within technology organizations and the technology industry in Maryland.
- Identify, facilitate and enable technology-based solutions that enable socioeconomic advancement and empowerment of underrepresented groups who have significant potential.
- Lay the groundwork for other states on how to develop and successfully implement an inclusion program
TI2 will address disparities through convening industry partners in the following five key pockets of Maryland, and actionable solutions will then be developed that lead to the effective application of technology and expertise for communities and technology companies:
- Western Maryland
- Eastern Shore
- Greater Baltimore
- Southern Maryland
- DC/Metro area
- Marty Rosendale, CEO, MD Tech Council
- David Tohn, CEO, BTS Software Solutions and Chairman of the Board for MTC’s Technology Division
- Winston Philip, President, Sequivalent
- LaToya Staten, Strategic Projects Specialist, Fearless (Serves as the Committee Chair for TI2)
- Linda Singh, CEO, Kaleidoscope Affect
- Troy LeMaile-Stovall, CEO, TEDCO
- Vennard Wright, CEO, Wave Welcome
- Angel St. Jean, CEO, The Black Brain Trust
- Michele Whelley, President & CEO, Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore
How to Get Involved in TI2
- Sign up for email updates on our efforts, programs and events as well as highlights of those who are doing exemplary work in the Technology Inclusivity arena.
- Volunteer to play an active role in our efforts by being part of our Technology Inclusivity network. We’ll invite you to be part of the planning for the programming and efforts associated with TI2.
- Support our efforts through a financial commitment to the MD Tech Council’s Foundation.