Maryland Tech Council
Maryland Tech Council Announces Finalists for 29th Annual Industry Awards
Winners to be Revealed June 1 at the Industry Awards Celebration
ROCKVILLE, Md, April 11, 2017 – The Maryland Tech Council (MTC), Maryland’s largest technology trade association, has announced the finalists for its 29th Annual Industry Awards. Winners will be revealed at a celebration on June 1, 2017 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. The event, which draws more than 800 executives from the technology and life science communities, celebrates individuals and companies that have made a significant impact in their sectors.
“We congratulate the finalists for this year’s Industry Awards Celebration and are proud to have them as part of our business community,” said Brad Phillips, Director of Emerging Company services at PwC and Chairman of the IAC nominating committee. “These executives and companies truly exemplify the most innovative and inspirational work in the region.”
Finalists for the 2017 Industry Awards Celebration are:
Chief Executive Officer of the Year:
- Daniel Abdun-Nabi, Chief Executive Officer, Emergent BioSolutions
- David Affeldt, Chief Executive Officer, GRSi
- Peter Cannito, Chief Executive Officer, Polaris Alpha
- Andy Monfried, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Lotame
- Michael Tessler, President and Chief Executive Officer, Broadsoft, Inc.
- William (Bill) Weber, President and Chief Executive Officer, KeyW Corporation
Financial Executive of the Year:
- Barbara Cass, Director, Finance and Accounting, Addx Corporation
- Robert Edwards, Chief Financial Officer, eOriginal
- Molly Hill Patten, Senior Vice President, Finance and Operations, Aledade, Inc.
- Usman Shakir, COO, CFO and Executive Vice President, NIKA
Emerging Company of the Year:
- Aledade, Inc.
- Altimmune, Inc.
- BIS Global
Government Contracting Company of the Year:
- Dovel Technologies
- Polaris Alpha
- TurningPoint Global Solutions LLC
- VariQ Corporation
Life Science Company of the Year:
- ABL, Inc.
- Emergent BioSolutions
- IDT Biologika GmbH
- Paragon Bioservices
Technology Company of the Year:
- Barcoding, Inc.
- Broadsoft, Inc.
- Merkle Group, Inc.
MTC’s annual celebration will begin at 5:30pm with a cocktail hour, followed by dinner and the awards ceremony. Sponsors include:
Award Sponsors - AstraZeneca/MedImmune, BDO, BioMarker Strategies, Houlihan Lokey, JLL, PwC, UBS Financial Services Inc. and VWR
STEM Scholarship Sponsor - Alexandria Real Estate Equities
Gold Sponsors – BIO, CDW, Emergent BioSolutions, Immunomic Therapeutics, Iron Bow Technologies, Novavax, Montgomery College, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, Social & Scientific Systems and Sucampo
Silver Sponsors – Glass Jacobson Financial Group
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the MTC website.
ABOUT THE MARYLAND TECH COUNCIL
The Maryland Tech Council (MTC) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. MTC’s mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit http://www.mdtechcouncil.com